102k (w/demo, help)
VB5 SP2/3 runtime
Beta 2 (*see SP note below)
106k (w/ demo)
VB5 No SP
VB5 SP0 runtime
The VB5 version of the control require that comctl32.dll v4.70 or higher (provided with
IE3 or greater) be installed in order to use the TimerType property which allows the
control to synchronize it's animation using a timer rather than a separate thread.
CCRP Animation, VB6
CCRP Animation, VB5
CCRP HotKey, VB6
CCRP HotKey, VB5
CCRP IP Address, VB6
CCRP IP Address, VB5
CCRP Pager, VB6
CCRP Pager, VB5
CCRP Progress Bar, VB6
CCRP Progress Bar, VB5
CCRP UpDown, VB5
CCRP UpDown, VB5
VB5 version 1.11.117
January 8, 2000
VB5 version 1.10.114
August 26, 1999
VB5 version 1.04.0108
July 3, 1999
VB5 version 1.03.105
August 18, 1998
VB5 version 1.02 Fix
July 1, 1998
VB5 version 1.01 Fix
June 27, 1998
VB5 version 1 Release
April 15, 1998
VB5 Beta 2 Release
VB5 Beta 1 Release
|The CCRP Animation Control for VB5 has been
created by Jeremy Adams as a direct replacement for the Animation Control provided by
This control includes new features found in later versions
of comctl32.dll but not exposed in the control provided by comct232.ocx. These features
include the ability to load an AVI resource and to use a Timer rather than a Thread when
displaying the Animation.
New in this Release
- Three more standard resource constants were added.
- The CloseAVI method no longer incorrectly raises an error.
- AutoOpen will automatically open the AVI when the control is
loaded. If AutoPlay is also true then no code is required to display an AVI.
- Alignment for easy alignment of control to the sides of a
- AutoSize property to automatically resize the control to fit
the frame size of the AVI being displayed.
- Filename property to set filename without code
- OpenAVIResource can be called to load an AVI resource from a
compiled EXE using the control.
- Mouse Events
- Status Property and StatusChanged Event to return the
current status of the control
- Appearance property can specify a Raised or Sunken 3D effect
- Support for loading standard resources used by Explorer
- Support for loading resources from a DLL
- Control now raises errors as appropriate such as when
opening AVI fails.
- Help File
Fixes in 1.10.114:
- The control no longer crashes when placed on a Word/Excel
Fixes in 1.02:
- When AutoSize is set to true, the changes to Height and
Width are reflected correctly. In beta 1 the Height and Width properties did not
- A bug was fixed for v1.00.101 which was causing a GPF when
AutoOpen = True and the Filename property was set to an invalid filename.
- A bug was fixed for v1.00.102 which was causing a GPF when
the control was placed on a form with ScaleMode = 0 (User)
Fixes in 1.03:
- Minor bug fixes and performance optimizations
Two demos are included with this control and should be
placed in subdirectories when the ZIP is decompressed. 'DEMO' contains a project
that demonstrates most of the Animation Control's features. 'RESDEMO' contains a project
that demonstrates how to load an AVI resource. Please see the readme included in
each zip for details.
Note: VB5 Service Pack 2/3 Development Issues
As per our development policy regarding Service Pack
development, Version 1 of the CCRP Animation control is available only for SP2/SP3
machines. These service packs provide the apartment-model threading utilized in the
The non-SP2 compiled single-threaded control (ccrpanis.ocx)
remains currently available as Beta 2. It will no longer be updated.
Both controls are compiled from the same source code and
are functionally identical. Do not under any circumstances rename the OCXs.
VB Common Controls Replacement Project Animation Control
Copyright © 1998-2004 Jeremy Adams, CCRP