VB5 SP2/3 runtime
Brad Martinez' VB Programs and
BrowseDialog Server, VB6
BrowseDialog Server, VB5
Version 1.0 Released
|The CCRP BrowseDialog control provides Visual
Basic developers the means to easily utilize the Windows Browse for Folders
dialog. For more full-featured versions, see the BrowseDialog
Server for VB5 or BrowseDialog Server for VB6 pages.
The BrowseDialog control offers many features, including:
- Any folder can be specified as the root, allowing only it
and its subfolders appear in the dialog box.
- The specified root folder, or any of one its subfolders, can
be pre-selected when the dialog box is initially shown.
- Descriptive text can be displayed in either of the dialog
box's two prompt labels.
- While the BrowseDialog is shown, the currently selected
folder's path or "display name", or any other descriptive text, can be
dynamically displayed in the second prompt window.
- Provides the developer full control in determining what is
an allowable folder selection.
- Once the dialog box is closed by the user, various
attributes of the selected folder can be returned, including the folder's path, display
name and large or small icon.
- Includes a fully functional example application
demonstrating all available methods and properties, as well as a comprehensive help file.
And best of all, its free!
Please note: The Browse Dialog Server
supersedes this control. Although the Browse Dialog OCX will remain available for
download, no further updates to the OCX will be made.
VB Common Controls Replacement Project BrowseDialog Control
Copyright © 1997-2004 Brad Martinez, CCRP