Beta 1, v0.01.0023
Download: 81k (w/demo and help)
VB5 SP2/3 runtime
Beta 1 v0.01.0023
Beta 1 - March 99
The CCRP Slider control
offers many features not found in the standard Slider common control. Lightweight, at only
125k, the CCRP slider is an ideal replacement for the MS-provided slider where ease of
distribution and enhanced features are desired.
Presently, until we receive our initial feedback from this
Beta build, the control is available only for VB5 SP2/3. However, the control will
function within a VB6 application when the VB5 SP2/SP3 runtime is present.
Features of the CCRP Slider include:
BackColor just like most other controls,
allows the developer to change the "battle-ship" gray background color of the
- AutoColor when True, keeps the background color
of the slider the same as the background color of its parent.
- BorderStyle unlike the normal slider, allows the
developer to give the slider a sunken 3d look.
- NoThumb just in case you would want to, allows
the developer show a slider without the thumb (use you imagination on this one).
- ThumbLength finally, you have control over the
size of the slider thumb size, allowing you to use the slider in unique applications
requiring custom sizes, like touch-screen applications.
- TickStyle property - display the ticks above or below the
thumb, or both.
- AutoSizeThumb - scales the thumb when the control size
- Orientation - either horizontal or vertical
- SelectRange, SelStart, SelLength properties - provide a
means to indicate a critical range within the control.
- Drag-Drop support - drop a value onto the slider to set its
New in This Release (0.01.0023)
- SelectRange property corrected to retain values between
- Demo updated to demonstrate features.
Service Pack Issues
This control uses the apartment threading features found in VB5 SP2 and will not function
without VB5 SP2 or higher installed.
Corrections to the Help File
The help file provided with this control was written for our internal beta. Since
then, there have been a couple of changes. An updated help file will replace this pre-beta
help when the control moves into Version 1. Please note that references to our old web
site in the file should now point to our present site at www.mvps.org/ccrp/.
VB Common Controls Replacement Project Slider
Copyright © 1999 CCRP