158k (w/demos & help)
Version 4.01.0011 August 5, 2000
|The long-awaited VB6 version of the CCRP
Extended FileDialog Control is here!
around the Common Dialog APIs, the CCRP Extended FileDialog Control provides developers
with significant functionality over the VB-supplied control. Fully configurable as a custom
File Open or File Save dialog, now your application has full control over the dialog's
attributes. Add custom captions, reorganize the controls, and/or add your own to create a
distinct file dialog.
(illustration's text blocked due to reducing image size)
Yes, this is the CCRP FileDialog Control.
Full Sample source developed by Mark Grimes is included (please see the readme in the
The CCRP Extended FileDialog Control offers
many features not found in the standard FileOpen and FileSave common controls provided as
part of Visual Basic, including:
- User definable start-up position.
- User definable size of the dialog.
- Events raised to notify the following actions:
- The user cancelled the dialog (no more error checking for
when the user presses the Cancel button);
- The dialog is about to be destroyed;
- The dialog has been initiated and is about to be displayed;
- The user browses a file (good for implementing a preview
- The user has selected one or more files (Ok button pressed);
- The user has navigated from a folder to another folder;
- The user has changed the type of the files displayed.
- A FileNames collection holding all the filenames selected
(in a multiple selection ccrpFileDialog).
- A method that allows the programmer to add one or more VB
controls onto the ccrpFileDialog.
- A CommDlgHwnd property to return the Window handle of the
common dialog displayed, for numerous uses, including callbacks.
- Ability to specify the form to which the ccrpFileDialog is
modal (not only the form the ccrpFileDialog is sited on but any loaded form the programmer
chooses to assign).
- Dialog control ID's exposed to allow modifying the size,
caption, position, and visibility of any of the internal controls of the common dialog.
- Built-in constants for flags, help, internal controls,
- Separate constants for the hidden listbox and for the
- Messages allowed to be fired in the underlying windows (MDI
not processing messages)
- AddControl bug fixed.
- Properties added: CancelButtonCaption, OkButtonCaption,
- Multiple filenames character buffer bug fixed.
- TypeFileComboText now allows 10,000 characters.
VB Common Controls Replacement Project Extended FileDialog
Copyright © 1999-2000 Domenico Statuto, CCRP