VB5 SP2/3 runtime
September 2, 1998
August 25, 1998
Beta 2 build 2.2.7
Beta 2 Released
Beta 1 Released
|The long-awaited Version 3.00.0005* (Public
Release Version 1) of CCRP FileDialog Control is here!
Built entirely around the Common Dialog APIs, the CCRP Extended FileDialog
Control Version 3* provides a significant performance boost over the beta versions due to
code optimising. Fully configurable as a custom File Open or File Save dialog, now your
application has full control over the dialog's attributes. Add custom captions, reorganize
the controls, and/or add your own to create a distinct file dialog.
* This control, Public
Release Version 1, has been named Version 3 to avoid confusion over the Betas released as
1 and 2.
(illustration's text blocked due to reducing image size)
Yes, this is the CCRP FileDialog Control.
Full Sample source developed by Mark Grimes is included.
The CCRP Extended FileDialog Control offers
many features not found in the standard FileOpen and FileSave common controls provided as
part of Visual Basic, including:
- User definable startup position.
- User definable size of the dialog.
- Events raised to notify the following actions:
- The user cancelled the dialog (no more error checking for
when the user presses the Cancel button);
- The dialog is about to be destroyed;
- The dialog has been initiated and is about to be displayed;
- The user browses a file (good for implementing a preview
- The user has selected one or more files (Ok button pressed);
- The user has navigated from a folder to another folder;
- The user has changed the type of the files displayed.
- A FileNames collection holding all the filenames selected
(in a multiple selection ccrpFileDialog).
- A method that allows the programmer to add one or more VB
controls onto the ccrpFileDialog.
- A CommDlgHwnd property to return the Window handle of the
common dialog displayed, for numerous uses, including callbacks.
- Ability to specify the form to which the ccrpFileDialog is
modal (not only the form the ccrpFileDialog is sited on but any loaded form the programmer
chooses to assign).
- Dialog control ID's exposed to allow modifying the size,
caption, position, and visibility of any of the internal controls of the common dialog.
- Built-in constants for flags, help, internal controls,
And there are new features and improvements in
- Separate constants for the hidden listbox and for the
- Messages allowed to be fired in the underlying windows (MDI
not processing messages)
- AddControl bug fixed.
- Properties added: CancelButtonCaption, OkButtonCaption,
- Multiple filenames character buffer bug fixed.
- TypeFileComboText now allows 10,000 characters.
Version Upgrade Info
September 02, 1998
- Corrected problem preventing correct return of multiple file
Past Release History
April 17, 1998
- Corrected problem preventing the processing of messages of
the form 'owner' of the FileDialog.
Beta 2, January 1998
- Property CanRaiseEvents changed name.
- DialogHeight - DialogWidth properties now on the Position
- Built-in constants introduced.
- Problem in the CenterOwner value of the StartupPosition
- A FileNames collection implemented. Returns in a collection
all the filenames selected in a MultiSelect ccrpFileDialog.
- FlatToolbar property added.
- Instancing bug fixed.
VB Common Controls Replacement Project Extended FileDialog
Copyright © 1999-2000 Domenico Statuto, CCRP