71k (w/demo and help)
VB5 SP2/3 runtime
Visual Basic One-Stop Source Shop
High Performance Timer Objects, VB6
High Performance Timer Objects, VB5
VB5 Release, Beta 1
July 2, 1998
|Every so often, in the pursuit of developing
a control, our developers come up with another one to test certain features. The CCRP
DragList Control, created by Karl E. Peterson, is such a control, and is now available
compiled for use with VB6, as well as the original VB5 SP2/3 version.
Not a scratch control created with CreateWindowEx, the CCRP
DragList Control is a regular Visual Basic Listbox. Along with most of the regular
listbox features, the DragList provides additional features like allowing the user to
reorder items as needed, to traverse the list with built-in mousewheel support, and to
assign the contents of the DragList to a string array, or another list box, or the list's
contents to a variant all in one call.
New in This Release (v1.00.0047)
- Fixed a ByVal problem on SelectedItem and RemoveItem.
Compatibility with projects using build 1.00.0045 should not be affected.
- HorizontalExtent property that can be used to provide a
- AutoRedraw: Returns/sets whether the list display will be
updated after each Add or Remove.
- ContainerDraw: Returns/sets whether the drag arrow will be
drawn on the control's container (as in the illustration), or appear to overtop the form
- Contents: Returns/sets an array of data into the DragList
control. Also accepts reference to another ListBox, and copies the data from that.
- DragBackColor: Sets the background color of the drag
- DragWidth: sets the drag background width
- CanUndo: Returns whether the last drag operation can be
- SetTabStops method that supports several different styles
- FindItem: Used to do a rapid search for the first item
beginning with the specified text. Search may begin at any element.
- Undo: Used to undo the last drag operation performed by the
Note: VB6-Compile Help
The methods and properties provided in the Visual Basic 6-compiled version of this control
are identical to those found in the VB5 SP2/3 version. Although the file contains a stub
.chm help file, its contents are presently under design. We wanted to bring this control
to you without the delay in writing the docs. The VB5 help is included in the VB5
version zip. The VB6 help file will be uploaded at a later date.
VB Common Controls Replacement Project DragList Control
Copyright © 1998-2004, Karl E. Peterson, CCRP